Like all United Learning schools, The Galfrid School will seek to bring out ‘the best in everyone’- pupils, staff, parents and the community.
Our vision is to ensure that all children feel safe, respected, supported and feel a sense of belonging. We will give them the tools they need to develop and thrive within our school and the wider world.
Our school will:
- provide children with an engaging, inspiring and rewarding education from their very first day;
- teach a broad and balanced curriculum;
- encourage children to share a wonder in the world around them;
- support children to achieve their potential and help others to achieve theirs;
- respect all other cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- develop a thirst for learning through a variety of enrichment opportunities;
- maintain a positive and close connection with parents, carers and our local community
- equip children with the fundamental skills to become lifelong learners;
- instill a love of learning.
Our values are underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children. We support colleagues to act with integrity to achieve excellence.
Our core values are:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.