Like all United Learning schools, The Galfrid School seeks to bring out ‘the best in everyone’
Our vision is to ensure that all children feel a sense of belonging in a safe, respected and supported environment which enables them to to develop and thrive within our school, community, and the wider world.
Our school will:
- provide children with an engaging, inspiring and rewarding education.
- teach a broad and balanced curriculum;
- encourage children to share a wonder in the world around them;
- support children to achieve their potential and help others to achieve theirs;
- respect all other cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- develop a thirst for learning through a variety of enrichment opportunities;
- maintain a positive and close connection with parents, carers and our local community
- equip children with the fundamental skills to become lifelong learners;
- instill a love of learning.
Our values are underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children. We support colleagues to act with integrity to achieve excellence.
Our core values are:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.